Family Buddy Up Project
This page is for organisations that would like to sign up families to the Family Buddy Up Project or for families to express interest. If you are a family then please just sign yourself up! We’ll then get in touch to confirm availability telling you where and when the session will occur (indoors at Lordship Rec and Outdoors at Finsbury Park and indoors/outdoor at Somerford Grove…..and in special situations we will come to you!)
Lots of you have been asking what the activity is / are and we kind of want it to be a bit of a surprise but here is what we think you need to know:
- We set two families (the family buddies) a very gentle challenge or problem to solve and discuss
- We get some feedback about the activity
- You takeaway some “know how/tools/tips/learning” we teach you how to use in the activity.
- You go on to refer another family you know into the project
….just email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more specific questions.
The family buddy up project is all about social inclusion and is for local families in and around Haringey who want to do a fun activity with another family for about an hour.
The only criteria is
- Two families per session (We will match your family with the other family)
- Both families must have a toddler aged 4 or under
- As a minimum each “family” will comprise of 1 adult and 1 toddler but can include the whole family – including siblings, grandparents, Uncles, Aunties and family friends!
More information coming soon! The project is already underway but formally launched in January 2019 and ends in April 2019. Each Friday we will be referring families to a special group activity where you can meet other family buddies 🙂
These are the types of questions that may be asked during the session. Wheely Tots session leaders will complete baseline surveys before the session and short surveys after the session