What is the Kit Library?
You and your family can learn about and try out a range of different bikes and accessories to find out which best meet your needs. You can then borrow something from us for as long as you need it.
Where is the Kit Library?
The library is mobile. At the moment we only deliver direct to you and we initially need you to complete the form here
How can I access the Kit Library?
We can also deliver bikes to households in Haringey and Hackney for a suggested £20 donation towards our time.
How much does it cost to buy or borrow a bike?
We have suggested donations below which support the running costs of the Kit Library and the wider work of the charity.
|Suggested donation||Retail Price|
|Frog Bike Tadpole||£95||£160|
|Frog Bike Tadpole Mini||£85||£145|
|Adult bikes / larger childrens bikes all available||please complete wheelytots.com/fit and we’ll get back to you||please complete wheelytots.com/fit and we’ll get back to you|
|Hamax Siesta (REAR child seat)||£60||£90|
|Croozer 2 Kid trailer (2010)||£250||–|
We also have a tag along (ages 5+) and other front and rear bikes seats that you can try out or borrow as well as our cargo bikes
Can you bring your bikes to our event or my child’s birthday party?
You can hire our bikes and family cycling experts for events:
£150 to bring the cargo bike & balance bikes
£50 per hour for a family cycling expert from our team
We’ve got a bike that we don’t use any more. Can we donate it to the Kit Library?
Yes! We welcome donations of good quality bikes to the Kit Library. As we’re a small charity, this is a really great way to support Wheely Tots.
If you’d like to donate a bike, please complete the Bike Donation Form.
- Your child can try out a range of bikes from the Kit Library: we’ll make sure they have a safe, comfortable bike that’s appropriate to their size and ability
- We’ll show you how to safety-check and maintain your child’s bike
- We’ll provide you with ongoing support and advice as your child’s cycling journey continues
- You’ll be supporting our work to support every child to be healthy, confident and resilient
What are the rules?
To ensure that borrowing a bike is a fun, fair and a friendly experience – without hidden catches and sneaky small print we have 6 simple borrowing rules.
- Bring the bike back clean. There may be a small charge if you bring the bike back dirty.
- Keep hold of the bike until the next family wants it.
- And then bring the bike back on time. We don’t want the next borrower to be kept waiting.
- Learn to use the bike and check the bike properly. Watch the ABCD check video on YouTube for pedal bikes. If you have a balance bike you just need to do the A and D check. If you have any queries about this email us for help.
- Tell us about any damages immediately – email us so we know and can check the bike.
- Share your feedback and stories – we would love to hear your experiences so we can keep improving our Kit Library for future borrowers. You can share on social media or by email.
“David was so incredibly knowledgeable and supportive as we picked out a first bike for our four-year-old. We have joined the fantastic bike library scheme, which means that we are looking forward to coming back to Wheely Tots every time our son outgrows one bike and moves up to the next level. The passion and vision that David has for Wheely Tots and the genuine drive to benefit the community means that borrowing bikes through this charity feels so much better than buying a bike online without the expert advice and not knowing how long that bike will last.” Megan