This page was last updated 05/11/2020
We’re following UK government advice and NHS guidance around COVID-19. The safety and wellbeing of you and your family , our wider community, session leaders and admin team are all our biggest priorities.
All our cycling and walking sessions are now online and email [email protected] or click the relevant blue box from the homepage and find your way to the right form to find out more. The only exceptions are;
– our Saturday foodbank at Broadwater Farm (foodbanks will continue through the lockdown)
– bike servicing (as a “bike shop” we are open)
We are actively choosing to run “virtually” even though we are able to continue as an outdoor, parent and toddler support group and bike shop. Our rationale is that;
– we can do all this stuff better “online” ( this is a mixture of self guided activity with group and parent 121 chats and your small people still get to see each other whizzing around on bikes)
– “online” massively helps to make the changes (incorporating bikes and improving parenting skills) more normal and permanent to your lifestyle
– participating with us through this journey allows us to massively increase our reach and impact which means more healthy , confident, resilient children, families and communities and you are at the forefront of making all this happen in new places.
We really want to thank you for your generous support and goodwill and to welcome you to the “new” way of doing things which is – for many – much better than the “old” ways from the feedback we have had from our pilot participants
Where we run offline sessions for parents and toddlers, together we will ensure social distancing and hygiene protocols are adhered to at all times. Each session will include an online consultation beforehand where we can discuss any queries or concerns fully.
We recognise the huge benefits of physical activity and being outdoors on our overall health, particularly at the moment. We’ve been adapting our offer so that we can continue to support families to access cycling safely.
As a grassroots charity with five years’ worth of strong connections across our local community, we’re committed to helping those most in need during this extremely difficult period.
During the lockdown period, here’s what we’re offering:
Book a twenty-minute online consultation with one of our expert bike mechanics or cycle instructors. We can help on anything from sourcing parts and tools, diagnosing mechanical issues, route planning, choosing the right bike, and any other cycle-related quandary. Free to NHS / key workers.
Kit Library home deliveries
We’re doing home deliveries of balance bikes from our kit library. For more information click here, or contact [email protected] To find out how to get the right size bike for your toddler, click here.
One of our trained mechanics will come to your home and service your bike on your doorstep.
What safety measures are we putting in place?
When visiting homes to deliver a bike or undertake any bike maintenance, we will:
- stay outside and remain 3 metres away from you and any members of your household
- always wear gloves
- disinfect the handlebars of all borrowed bikes
Stay well and take care,
The Wheely Tots team