Since February, Wheely Tots has been supporting the Mayor of London’s Early Years Campaign. We have been finding out and sharing information with families about early years provision in and around the West Green ward in Haringey.
Lots of children in Haringey are eligible for a free early learning place in a nursery, children’s centre, playgroup or childminder, for up to 15 hours a week. Early learning is good for children’s social, physical and mental development and also helps them to prepare for school – giving your child the best start in life.
As part of the project, we’ve developed an online Early Years toolkit for parents and carers in Haringey, which contains lots of the information we’ve gathered over the last nine months.
The toolkit includes:
- details about eligibility for free early learning places
- an interactive map of local early years providers
- tips for planning a journey by public transport, foot or bike
- information on how families can access bikes
- activities and services for parents and toddlers in Haringey
If you are interested in learning more about this project, or have any suggestions for the toolkit, get in touch at email@example.com.