We are currently looking to fill these roles for existing and, more importantly, new North London locations on different days and times – including weekends. Applications will close at the end of September 2018.
Cycling session leader (volunteering possible and paid role at £12 – £18 per hour depending on experience)
Thank you for considering our role!
We are looking for volunteers and sessional workers to initially support, receive training, help out and run our parent-toddler cycling sessions. This involves;
- Helping out or run existing Wednesday, Thursday and Friday parent & toddler sessions which last 1 hour. (in all weathers!)
2. Receiving free training (3 hours to become a qualified volunteer and 8 hours to become a qualified Wheely Tots session leader).
3. Basic administration.
4. Having fun outdoors and running sessions in new locations for Wheely Tots
Wheely Tots actively responds to need from the local community to think about cycling and promotes healthier lifestyles. We will provide the necessary training so that the volunteer is competent at dealing with items 1-4 above. In addition training in Project Management, Basic Accountancy and Finance, Social media and Marketing, Ride Leader Training, Basic Bike maintenance, First Aid all available via Wheely Tots secured Transport for London funding
Informal training can be provided in relation to cycle maintenance, cycle training, basic website maintenance and business administration.
Wheely Tots is a rapidly growing registered charity that is ultimately all about community development, forging links with new organisations/families and consolidating relationships with existing organisations/families. Wheely Tots helps children and their families become more healthy, confident and resilient by offering unique family cycling activities and experiences.
Our unique parent & toddler balance bike sessions are a great example of our open, friendly and inclusive approach helping families, adults & children cycle more regularly. We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
We’re love doing things efficiently to save time and money. All our processes are “paperless” and we use the best digital platforms to make our limited resources go as far as possible.
We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
Wednesday afternoons 4-5pm, Thursday mornings 9.30-11.30am. Other times around these existing sessions are possible and we’re keen to discuss running new sessions in new locations based on your availability. Top of our priority list is to run sessions on Saturday and Sunday in Finsbury Park and Lordship Rec.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities
Types of activity
Outdoors & Hands On, Administration, Advice, Information and Support, Community Work, Computers, Technology and Website Design, General and Helping
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for someone who is;
” Well organised, reliable and motivated
” Confident at speaking with new people
” Ideally living close to Manor House / Woodberry Down
” enhanced DBS checked or willing to be enhanced DBS checked
The role would be suitable to a wide range of people and from previous experience we’ve welcomed those ;
- new to volunteering
- with management experience looking to learn skills in the cycling industry either as a hobby or to explore new career opportunities.
- retired and wanting to play with parents & their toddlers
- wanting to learn a new skill ranging from improving English to learning more about bike maintenance or anything cycling related
- having an existing desk based skill (marketing, websites, databases, admin, sales) and wanting to apply in a new context
- keen to apply previous experience working with children indoors to outdoors
CV & Covering Letter, Informal Discussion, CRB Check, References, Trial Period
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com