We are currently looking to fill a number of 1-2 day a week role for existing and, more importantly, new North London locations on different days and times – including weekends. Applications are open and will be reviewed as they are received.
Wheely Tots Session Leader (volunteering possible and paid role at £12 – £18 per hour depending on experience)
Thank you for considering our role!
We are looking for volunteers and sessional workers to initially support, receive training, help out and run our parent & toddler cycling sessions. This involves;
- Helping out or running our existing Wednesday, Thursday and Friday parent & toddler sessions (in all weathers!)
2. Receiving free training (3 hours to become a qualified volunteer and 8 hours to become a qualified Wheely Tots session leader)
3. Basic administration
4. Having fun outdoors and running sessions for Wheely Tots
Wheely Tots actively responds to need from the local community to think about cycling and promotes healthier lifestyles. We will provide the necessary training so that the session leader is confident and competent at dealing with items 1-4 above. In addition, training in Project Management, Basic Accountancy and Finance, Social media and Marketing, Ride Leader Training, Basic Bike maintenance and First Aid are all available via Wheely Tots secured Transport for London funding.
Informal training can be provided in relation to cycle maintenance, cycle training, bike fitting, basic website maintenance and business administration.
Wheely Tots is a rapidly growing registered charity that is ultimately all about community development, forging links with new organisations/families and consolidating relationships with existing organisations/families. We recently secured funding for a social inclusion project ( Family Buddy Up )from the London Mayor and this has allowed us to demonstrably use “sport” and “slightly challenging activities” as the enablers for more cohesive and inclusive and healthier communities
Wheely Tots helps children and their families become more healthy, confident and resilient by offering unique family cycling activities and experiences.
Our unique parent & toddler balance bike sessions are a great example of our open, friendly and inclusive approach helping families, adults & children cycle more regularly. We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
We love doing things efficiently to save time and money. All our processes are “paperless” and we use the best digital platforms to make our limited resources go as far as possible.
Current Wheely Tots sessions run on Wednesday afternoons 4 – 5pm, Thursday mornings 9.30 – 11.30am and Friday mornings 9.30 – 11.30am. Other times around these existing sessions are possible and we’re keen to discuss running new sessions in new locations (such as Lloyd Park and Clissold Park) based on your availability. Top of our priority list is to run sessions on Saturday and Sunday in Finsbury Park and Lordship Rec.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities
Types of activity
Outdoors & Hands On, Administration, Advice, Information and Support, Community Work, Computers, Technology and Website Design, General and Helping
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for someone who is;
– Well organised, reliable and motivated
– Confident at speaking with new people
– Ideally living close to Manor House, Woodberry Down, Finsbury Park or Lordship Rec
– Already Enhanced DBS checked or willing to complete an Enhanced DBS check
The role would be suitable to a wide range of people and from previous experience we’ve welcomed people;
- new to cycling
- with management experience looking to learn skills in the cycling industry either as a hobby or to explore new career opportunities
- retired and wanting to spend time with parents & their toddlers
- wanting to learn a new skill ranging from improving English to learning more about bike maintenance or anything cycling related
- keen to apply previous experience working with children indoors to outdoors
CV & Covering Letter, Informal Discussion, DBS check, References, Trial Period
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like to come along and observe one of our sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.