£12.00 – £18.00 per hour (part-time flexible hours, including weekends)
Wheely Tots is a rapidly growing registered charity based in North London. Our ethos is to improve family and community lives through unique cycling activities and experiences. Our aim is to promote more cohesive, inclusive and healthier communities.
We are looking to grow our pool of freelance session leaders who can deliver a range of provision to families with toddlers – and also adults – in and around Finsbury Park and Tottenham. Sessions will include:
- Bike Fitting
- Cycling & Bike Maintenance
- Route Planning
Successful candidates will have access to relevant training, including:
- The National Cycle Instructor training (4 day accredited course worth c. £500)
- Cycle mechanic training
Person Type / Experience
This role would be suitable if you have a genuine passion for working in an outdoor environment all year round and are keen to share your expertise and knowledge with parents and children to reinforce family bonds. We are looking for:
- A self starter and is driven to make things work in a fast paced, ambitious start up environment
- Passionate about creative, outdoor, child-led learning and play
- Experience of peer to peer learning vs traditional teacher – student approach
- Experience in working in outdoors environments
- Strong relationship building skills and is able to work closely with parents and children alike
- Able to incorporate creativity (e.g. music, art, maths, storytelling) into sessions
- Flexible and adaptable but organised in approach
- An educational background and receptive to incorporating new practices into play / educational approach
- A sensitive, clear and friendly communication style.
- The ability to balance risk with developmental benefit and well-being for children, young people and adults, to provide an appropriate level of challenge
Desirable Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Primary School and/or EYFS framework experience
- Cycling / Active Travel experience
- Creative facilitation experience
- Forest School experience
CV & Covering Letter, Informal Discussion, DBS check, References, Trial Period
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or request an informal discussion and we’ll call you back.
If you’d like to observe one of our sessions, please contact email@example.com
We particularly welcome interest from women and those from BAME backgrounds.