Trustee Role Description
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the running of a small registered charity that’s growing fast.
- An ideal opportunity to test your ideas and skills to contribute to our strategic direction.
- Monitor compliance with our constitution and charity commission obligations.
- A chance to make a difference and be involved with a genuinely inclusive organisation which helps to bring people together by creating opportunities to play together and solve problems.
Wheely Tots is a registered children’s charity that believes all children should be healthy, confident and resilient. We’re ultimately all about community development, forging links with new organisations & families and consolidating our existing relationships.
Wheely Tots has recently received funding from the Mayor of London, Transport for London and Awards for All and opened London’s first Family Cycling Showroom. This funding will support us to increase our activities and reach more families. We are seeking individuals to join us as trustees for our next phase of growth.
We provide inclusive, friendly and rewarding family oriented events and sessions. We specialise in parent & toddler balance bike sessions from age 14 months upwards and provide tools, support and help for the whole family.
Our parent & toddler balance bike sessions are a great example of our open, friendly and inclusive approach helping families, adults & children cycle more regularly. We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
Wheely Tots operate in and around Woodberry Down and South Tottenham, some of the most diverse, disadvantaged but totally brilliant parts of London. What we do isn’t easy but we say that it’s just like learning to ride a bike!
Wheely Tots helps children and their families become more healthy, confident and resilient by offering unique family cycling activities and experiences.
Minimum commitment required
- Participation in meetings as required, typically quarterly. These meetings will occur via conference call or Skype where possible.
- Face to face participation in one annual meeting. This will typically be followed by a dinner with some of our members and volunteers and organisations we have helped.
- Support our coordinator with advice and guidance as required (by phone and email).
- The role is unpaid but reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities, Community Development, Social Inclusion
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for people who have;
- an open mind and interest in learning. Previous involvement with cycling is not required.
- demonstrable senior management skills and a business/administration background in the charity sector
- availability to offer support and guidance
- able to work in a multi disciplinary team
- integrity and commitment
We will advise on available training, if required, around charity management and guidance on good practice.
Informal discussion, CV and covering letter, references, DBS check, trial period
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with TRUSTEE in the title or call 0207 193 7158 for an informal discussion about the role.