Trustee Role Description
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the running of a small charitable organisation.
- An ideal opportunity to test your ideas and skills to contribute to our strategic direction.
- Monitoring compliance with our constitution and charity commission obligation.
- Gain a greater understanding about roads and road users which will make journeys safer and more comfortable on all modes of transport.
- The chance to make a difference and be involved with an organisation which helps people to think about cycling more regularly
Wheely Tots is a registered charity (CIO) which aims to get people to think about cycling more regularly and safely in London. As a start up social enterprise we have chosen to generate our own income by providing help and support to our members and requesting donations in return. We also access grant funding but plan to make this significantly less than 50% of our income . Wheely Tots is based in North London around Woodberry Down, North London but work throughout London. We work with all road users including pedestrians, drivers of all vehicles and cyclists.
Minimum commitment required
- Participation in meetings as required, typically quarterly. These meetings will occur electronically via conference call or skype where possible.
- Face to face participation in one annual meeting. This will typically be followed by a dinner with some of our members and volunteers and organisations we have helped.
- Support our coordinator with advice and guidance as required.
- The role is unpaid but reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for people who have;
- an open mind and interest in learning. Previous involvement with cycling is not required.
- demonstrable senior management skills and a business/administration background
- availability to offer support and guidance
- able to work in a multi disciplinary team
- integrity and commitment
We will advise on available training, if required, around charity management and guidance on good practice.
Informal Discussion, CV and covering letter, References, CRB Check, Trial period
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or call 0207 193 7158 for an informal discussion about the role.