Cycling session leader (volunteering possible and paid role at £12 – £18 per hour depending on experience)
Thank you for considering our role!
We are looking for volunteers to initially support, receive training and help out at our parent-toddler cycling sessions. This involves;
- Helping out at our Wednesday and Thursday parent & toddler sessions which last 1 hour. (in all weathers!)
2. Receiving free training (3 hours to become a qualified volunteer and 8 hours to become a qualified Wheely Tots session leader).
3. Basic administration.
4. Having fun outdoors.
Wheely Tots actively responds to need from the local community to think about cycling and promotes healthier lifestyles. To support the volunteer we will provide the necessary training so that the volunteer is competent at dealing with items 1-4 above and will also benefit from learning new information and skills
Informal training can be provided in relation to cycle maintenance, cycle training, basic website maintenance and business administration.
We’re a unique start up charitable social enterprise helping families, adults & children cycle more regularly. We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
Wednesday afternoons 4-5pm, Thursday mornings 10-11am. Other times around these existing sessions are possible and we’re happy to discuss based on your availability.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities
Types of activity
Outdoors & Hands On, Administration, Advice, Information and Support, Community Work, Computers, Technology and Website Design, General and Helping
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for someone who is;
” Well organised, reliable and motovated
” Confident at speaking with new people
” Ideally living close to Manor House / Woodberry Down
” enhanced DBS checked or willing to be enhanced DBS checked
The role would be suitable to a wide range of people and from previous volunteers we’ve welcomed those ;
- new to volunteering
- with management experience looking to learn skills in the cycling industry either as a hobby or to explore new career opportunities.
- retired and wanting to play with parents & their toddlers
- wanting to learn a new skill ranging from improving English to learning more about bike maintenance or anything cycling related
- having an existing desk based skill (marketing, websites, databases, admin, sales) and wanting to apply in a new context
- keen to apply previous experience working with children indoors to outdoors
CV & Covering Letter, Informal Discussion, CRB Check, References, Trial Period
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com