COVID-19: Cargo bikes available to move food and supplies
We’re currently offering the use of our cargo bike (2 wheeler) on Digby Crescent N4 2HS to anyone anyone who’d like to it to deliver food and supplies to their more vulnerable neighbours. Please complete the form below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an induction.
The induction will take about 10mins – please wrap up extra warm (it can be chilly out). We will be 3m away at all times during the induction and will require you to wash your hands before coming to see us and remind you to do so afterwards. The bike handlebars will be disinfected.
You need to be
– a very confident cyclist
– wearing clothes to keep you extra warm if its chilly out
– fully briefed on our social distancing and hygiene protocols
– happy to complete the wheelytots membership form
Read more about Wheely Tots and COVID-19 here.
The Cargo trike (3 wheeler) at the Redmond Centre is currently locked down and as and when we can safely get it out we will do. Our other cargo bikes are available but in use at the present time.
The tricycle available between 0900 – 2100 all week all year round from the Redmond Community Centre. To hire the cargo tricycle you need to follow 3 steps!
- Become a Wheely Tots member. Bring a valid ID (eg passport / driving licence AND a recent Utility Bill/Bank Statement)
- Complete a basic induction. Wednesdays at either 2pm or 3pm at the Redmond Community Centre. The session lasts 20-30 mins and please book in advance.
- Tell us when you want to use the tricycle via the form below.
Use is conditional on making a pledge to carry out a healthy activity and we have a suggested donation of £10. Please consider donating to Wheely Tots, a registered charity.
The tricycle carries up to 4 toddlers/children safely (There are 4 adjustable Y belts to safely strap in) and the bicycle carries up to 3 toddlers (There are 3 adjustable Y belts to safely strap in)
Both bikes have two bench seats that can be configured as necessary and a rain hood available on request.
For the tricycle transporting any cargo that will sensibly fit in a box that is approximately 50cm high, 90cm long and 50cm wide is straightforward. This is a volume of approximately 0.24m3 or 240 litres.
Maximum payload is 100kg / 16 stone for the cargo tricycle and 80kg / 13 stone for the cargo bicycle