Wheely Tots is participating in the Department for Transport’s Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme in collaboration with the Energy Saving Trust. The scheme is due for launch soon.
What do I need to do?
- To take advantage of the offer of a £50 voucher towards the cost of bringing a bike back to roadworthy condition, you need to:
- Contact us or any other participating business listed on the map to check availability for repair work and if the repair is valid under the schem
- If the work is valid, register with the Energy Saving Trust and receive a voucher.
- For the repair, bring your bike, voucher, ID and proof of address
What is the scheme?
The Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme aims to encourage more people in England to embrace cycling as an alternative to private cars and public transport, particularly while social distancing measures are in place. The scheme will be open to anyone who has an unused cycle in need of a repair. It will help them get it back on the road by providing £50 towards the cost of a service and repair for up to two cycles per household.
Am I eligible?
In order for vouchers to be eligible for redemption:
The cycle owner must be over 18, and the repairs must be necessary to make cycles roadworthy and fit for purpose, this may include:
- Repair or replace tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
- Adjust, repair or replace braking system components
- Adjust, repair or replace transmission system components.
- Repair or replace other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle
- Repair or replacement of components for permanently fitted lighting systems
Repairs which are NOT eligible:
- replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components
- replacement or repair of removeable lighting accessories
Vouchers will cover up to £50 per cycle towards the Eligible Repairs and parts that need replacement as part of the Eligible Repairs. The cycle owner will need to pay the remainder cost if the cost is greater than £50.
If the cost of the service is below £50, the voucher will only cover the effective cost of the transaction (less than £50).
A maximum of 2 vouchers can be claimed per customer address, and only 1 voucher per cycle.
Vouchers must be valid at point of redemption.