Read about updates on Wheely Tots and COVID-19 here.
Spring 2020 marks five years of Wheely Tots supporting families and young people in Haringey and North Hackney to be healthy, happy and more resilient.
During that time, we’ve delivered over 300 hours of balance bike sessions and reached over 1,000 families. We’ve engaged with 96 young people over the first year of our youth-led initiative, Your Bike Project. We’ve created 5 part-time jobs and trained 5 local people as cycling instructors. We’re excited by what we can achieve in the next five years.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, we’re using our skills and resources to continue to support families to access cycling safely, and help those most in need.
In week 1 of the lockdown, we’ve delivered 5 balance bikes to people’s homes, coordinated 2 large food deliveries from the Felix Project to residents in Broadwater Farm Estate, completed 4 doorstep bike repairs and provided remote guidance and advice to 11 families.
Here are five ways you can support us do more in your community, now and into the future:
- Book a remote consultation, a balance bike home delivery from our kit library, or a doorstep bike service
- Donate at https://www.givey.com/wheelytots to support us to provide bikes to key / NHS workers
- Tell five families in your area about Wheely Tots (and ask them to tell five more)
- Follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and share what we’re doing with your networks
- Volunteer with us to help us tell our stories
The Wheely Tots team
“We received a very personalised service from Wheely Tots. We found a great balance bike fit for our daughter and she’s been spending hours on her new bike. It’s really nice to see her developing a new lifelong skill and to spend some constructive time as a family. Thank you.”
Wheely Tots is proud to be a Living Wage Employer.