Trustee Role Description
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the running of a small registered charity that’s growing fast.
- An ideal opportunity to test your ideas and skills to contribute to our strategic direction.
- Monitor compliance with our constitution and Charity Commission obligations.
- A chance to make a difference and be involved with a genuinely inclusive organisation which helps to bring people together by creating opportunities to play together and solve problems.
Wheely Tots is a registered children’s charity that believes all children and families should be healthy, confident and resilient.
We facilitate community development and combat social isolation. We support participants, volunteers and freelance session leaders to learn and grow, embedding skills and knowledge within communities.
Our skill set includes project management , bike mechanics, cycling instructors and problem solving in a new community context with online offerings, food and other essential deliveries and mobile bike servicing.
We operate in and around Woodberry Down, Haringey, Tottenham & Northumberland Park, some of the most diverse, disadvantaged but totally brilliant parts of London. What we do isn’t easy but we say that it’s just like learning to ride a bike!
All of our projects emerge from and respond to a direct need; many are partnership-based and participant-led. We are seeking individuals to join us as trustees for our next phase of growth.
Minimum commitment required
- Participation in meetings as required, typically quarterly. These meetings will occur via conference call or Skype where possible.
- Face to face participation in one annual meeting. This will typically be followed by a dinner with some of our members and volunteers and organisations we have helped.
- Support our coordinator with advice and guidance as required (by phone and email).
- The role is unpaid but reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
Areas of Interest
Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Sport and Outdoor Activities, Community Development, Social Inclusion
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for people who have;
- an open mind and interest in learning. Previous involvement with cycling is not required.
- demonstrable senior management skills
- we are especially hoping to find trustees with experience in marketing, PR, law or finance
- availability to offer support and guidance
- able to work in a multi disciplinary team
- integrity and commitment
We will advise on available training, if required, around charity management and guidance on good practice.
Informal discussion, CV and covering letter, references, DBS check, trial period
How to express interest
If you would like to be considered as a trustee, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with TRUSTEE in the title or call 0207 193 7158 for an informal discussion about the role.